Moose Mountain Technical Services (MMTS) is an association of Geologists, Engineers, Environmental Professionals and Technicians providing extensive experience in geology, mine engineering services, and EPCM support to the mining industry. From early grassroots exploration to advanced engineering studies, metallurgical test work and process design, to environmental and sustainability evaluations, MMTS Associates provide a full range of expertise from exploration to operation.
MMTS Associates are experienced across the full range of mining commodities including hard rock (base metals, precious metals, industrial minerals, uranium, diamonds, and rare earths), coal, oil sands, and heavy mineral sands projects, in open-pit and underground environments.
Our organization holds the highest respect and commitment to health, safety, environment, and community. It is founded on a philosophy of Zero Harm and validated by our core principles of “Safety in All We Do”.
Our Mine Engineering Team consists of individuals with a wealth of reconciled expertise in work that includes:
• Project scoping and strategic planning
• Pre-feasibility and Feasibility assessments
• Preparation of mining permit applications
• Economic evaluations
• Pit Optimization and Underground mining methods selection
• Mineable resource and reserves estimation
• Mine design for open pits, underground, dumps, tailings ponds, access roads
• Mine production schedule optimization and material production forecasting
• Equipment selection
• Capital and operating cost estimates
• Mine software development and applications
• Assessment of plan operability and/or operations set-up
• Mine start-ups
Our Geological Team has extensive experience and expertise in the following areas:
• Development and supervision of exploration drilling, coring, and sampling programs
• Preparation and development of geology databases
• Geological computer modeling
• Resource estimation
• Production reconciliation
Our Metallurgical Engineering Team has operations, start-up, and engineering experience in:
• Development of metallurgical sample programs in collaboration with the geology team
• Development of metallurgical test programs
• Supervising laboratory test work as an Owner’s representative
• Process flow sheet development
• Process design
• Plant specification and layout
• Process capital and operating cost estimation
Our Sustainability Professionals are involved with coordinating:
• Preparation of Notice of Work applications
• Community meetings
• First Nations engagement
• Environmental and Hydrology studies
• EA & Mining Permit applications
Our Project Management Professionals lead our projects and oversee overall project design, cost estimation, and management the project schedule and deliverables. Services include:
• Project Scheduling, Project Controls, Earned-Value Analysis
• Project Execution planning and management, Risk Analysis
• Capital and operating cost estimates and assessments
• Infrastructure and facility design
Moose Mountain Technical Services executes projects. We have successfully designed many open-pit and underground mine facilities and the associated mine site infrastructure, often in remote and challenging locations far from existing services. The strong operations backgrounds of Principal and Senior Moose Mountain Associates provide reconciled experience. In other words, they have mined their own reserves, operated the permits they applied for, and operated their own plans. This expertise ensures innovative designs and studies, and reliable guidance to all of our clients, enhancing life-of-project financial performance.
Our Unique Corporate Structure:
MMTS is the working group for the Moose Mountain Member Corp. (MMMC); a company incorporated in the province of British Columbia. MMTS maintains minimum office facilities in Cranbrook and Calgary with its personnel working from their own home offices. Members collaborate through web-based applications and communication, and shared technical resources. Our unique structure keeps overhead costs very low, so that every dollar goes towards the advancement of your project.
A list of our Showcase Projects and clients is provided on the Showcase Projects page.
Find out more about our Principals and their areas of expertise on the Management Team page.